Port Town Trolley up and running
The Duluth Transit Authority’s summer Port Town Trolley service went into effect on Sunday. The free daily service runs through Labor Day in Canal Park, Bayfront Festival Park, the Historical Arts and Theater District and downtown every 15 minutes from approximately noon to 8 p.m., and every 30 minutes from 8-11 p.m.
The DTA outlined a number of new aspects to the service in a news release on Monday:
- Trolley bus now travels clockwise along the route
- Service is provided along Lake Avenue in Canal Park
- Trolley bus stop signs illustrate the route map
Also, stops include:
- Duluth Transportation Center
- Third Avenue East & First Street
- Fitger’s Brewery Complex
- Morse Street in Canal Park
- William A. Irvin
- Vista Fleet
- Great Lakes Aquarium
A detailed 2018 Port Town Trolley route map and schedule is available at duluthtransit.com.