Things to Do for Jan. 26, 2018
- Check out the John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon, today through Thursday. Go to www.beargrease.com for a complete list of events and updates
• Glensheen Historic Estate, 3300 London Road, Duluth, offers a 39-room mansion and 7 acres of formal gardens and working vegetable gardens. Grounds hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily with tours offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Visit www.glensheen.wp.d.umn.edu or call (218) 726-8910.
• Duluth Children's Museum, 115 S. 29th Ave. W., Duluth, offers programs and exhibits for children and families. Hours: 10 a.m. to p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Visit www.playduluth.org or call (218) 733-7543.
• Duluth Depot, 506 W. Michigan St., includes Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Duluth Art Institute, St. Louis County Historical Society and Veterans' Memorial Hall. Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Visit www.duluthdepot.org or call (218) 727-8025.
• Douglas County Historical Society, 1101 John Ave., Superior, offers exhibits, events and history theater. Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays; noon to 8 p.m. Thursdays; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays; and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays. Call (715) 392-8449 or go to www.douglashistory.org.
• Great Lakes Aquarium, 353 Harbor Drive, Duluth, models a number of habitats from the Great Lakes and around the world. Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday through Sunday through March 31. Visit www.glaquarium.org or call (218) 740-3474.
• Lake Superior Zoo, 7210 Fremont St., Duluth, is the only zoo in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin. It features a wide variety of animals and educational displays. Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursdays through Mondays; closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Visit www.lszooduluth.org or call (218) 730-4500.
• North Shore Scenic Railroad, 506 W. Michigan St., Duluth. Go to www.northshorescenicrailroad.org or call (218) 722-1273 for details.