Jay Cooke State Park, in Carlton, offers these events. Meet at the River Inn Interpretive Center. Go to mndnr.gov/jaycooke.
• 1-2:30 p.m. Thursdays through Aug. 16: Nature Play for kids.
• 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. July 15 and Aug. 5: Family Archery Workshop.
• 1-3 p.m. July 15 and Aug. 5: Archery in the Park.
Audubon Center of the North Woods, 54165 Audubon Drive, Sandstone, offers these kids' camps. Go to audubon-center.org/audubon-center-of-the-north-woods for details.
• July 8-13: Ways of Wildlife, for grades 4-6.
• July 22-27: Outdoor Explorations, for grades 5-7.
Fly Tying and Storytelling! Beer & Bugs event, 6-9 p.m. July 13, Aug. 10 and Sept. 14, Bent Paddle Brewing Co., 1832 W. Michigan St. Go to bentpaddlebrewing.com or greatlakesflyfish.com or call 218-740-3040.
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute offers these events. Call 218-726-4834 ext. 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• July 16 — Adaptive rowing clinic at Duluth Rowing Club.
• Aug. 1 or 8 — Waterskiing begins at Pike Lake.
• Aug. 12 — North Shore kayak day trip at Split Rock Lighthouse.
• Aug. 16 — South Shore kayak day at Meyer's Beach Sea Caves.
• Sept. 8 — Shoot for Fun, Old Vermilion Trail Shooting Preserve.
Trailfitters presents Jennifer Pharr Davis, record setter for the fastest thru-hike on the Appalachian Trail, 7 p.m. July 26, Spirit of the North Theater, Fitger's, 600 E. Superior St., third floor. Free.
2018 Bowfest, a 3D archery festival, is July 27-29 at Mont du Lac in Superior. Bowhunters shoot at more than 80 Rinehart targets in realistic hunting situations. World-class whitetail shed antler display; novelty shoot; more than $75,000 in prizes; TV personalities Levi Morgan of "Bowlife," Pat and Nicole of "Driven TV," Brent and Nicole of "Field of Dreams;" Aaron Lewis performing July 28. Admission is $99 for three days. Go to mdlresort.com or call 218-626-3797 for more information.
Public Lands Day/North Country Trail Day, Sept. 22, Gordon Dam County Park, west of Gordon on County Highway Y. A short canoe trip down the St. Croix followed by a North Country Trail hike back to the park for a picnic. Go to meetup.com/sscbhikers or email email@example.com.